Monday, October 20, 2008

Dig Me Out

Friday and Saturday were completely weird days. I spent my entire Friday listening to Des Ark and then decided on Saturday that I needed something a bit emotional enough but also kind of upbeat. Corin Tucker's voice has always resonated with me, and I found just was I was looking for in Sleater-Kinney's Dig Me Out.



I kept dragging the needle back on "One More Hour," which always slays me. The song was written by Corin and Carrie Brownstein about their break-up. Dig Me Out is their third album and came out in 1997.



A past interview in Give Me Back with sound engineers pointed out that Sleater-Kinney used a different engineer on each of their albums- I think you can always notice their different textures.

Sleater-Kinney- Dig Me Out
Get It from Kill Rock Stars

No comments: