Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Timber (RIP)

I thought the last post would be my final one for the year, but I decided to do this one as well, to celebrate a great band calling it quits. Plus Flynn is a fellow contributor over at icoulddietomorrow. I'm sad they're breaking up (1) because they're an awesome band (2) I never got a chance to see them play (3) my plans for Record Hospital Fest 2009 have been dashed.



These boys outta Maryland put out a demo last summer and had it up for free online. I don't remember how I came across it originally, but I do know it's more of the screamy hardcore we all love. I don't think I like it as much as their 7", but that's pretty tough competition. "Beginning" was one of my favorite tracks of this year. Anyway, this is kind of a half-assed entry, but listen to this, buy their 7", get into it. And happy new year.

Info on getting their 7"
Timber- Demo

1 comment:

icoulddietomorrow said...

Flynn and I just kicked SERIOUS ass in Cranium. Also, you should try and talk to Erik about the tapes they had at their last show, which is all their unreleased material. He might have a few left?

-Adam