Saturday, May 31, 2008

So Freakin' Juicy!

This one is for Jess...

When I was home for winter break, I went to see Heavy Face at the Smell with Matt... I knew that the Ima (Fucking) Gymnist 7" was out, but I didn't know too much about them at that point. Ol Factory has a distro sorta thing run out of the venue, so they were selling it, and I was contemplating buying it. I was a little bit hesitant since it was $6 (in my opinion kinda expensive for a 7"), but I took the plunge.... Great decision.



I think this release is most accurately described by its name- ...So Freakin' Juicy! It's super fun dancey punk. The cowbell on the title track gets me every time. "We're Professionals" is also great.



...So Freakin' Juicy! was produced by Jennifer Clavin from Mika Miko and Dean Spunt from No Age- no surprise there as Ima Gymnist sound a lot like Mika Miko (clearly a good thing).

I wish I could write something more inciteful/informative about this... mostly I just love it. I generally hate the Valley (apologies to anyone there), but these kids represent.

Ima Gymnist- ...So Freakin' Juicy!
Buy it from Ol Factory

No comments: