Friday, September 25, 2009

Moderate Rock

So I was just not that into my show last night, and I'm lazy and don't feel like upping my whole playlist. Instead I'll leave you with an album that you'll probably care more about anyway.



I posted some Margaret Thrasher a little while back, and since then they released an LP (and also broke up). I don't think Moderate Rock grabs me quite as much as the 7"s, but that may be hard to do. They still give you a dose of straight-up hardcore with throaty lady vocals, this time even scratchier I think. Jules gets it going from the very beginning with "fuuuuuck, not again." "Raise the Bar" was one of my favorite longs from the 7"s and is rerecorded here. It's played faster but somehow doesn't have the same bounce to it. Putting this all together, it doesn't sound like I really like this LP that much, but I do. I really do. A lot.

This was released on P-Trash but is already out of print, so try to hunt it down through some other distros.

Supposedly some of the people from this band have something new going on, but I can't remember the name of it. I'll try to remember to ask Foreign Objects tonight (listen to them at 10 on Christa's show!).

Margaret Thrasher- Moderate Rock

3 comments:

marleezie said...

1000 thanx. cant wait to listen to this!!!!

kris138 said...

thanks for this, shame they split

weleasewoger72 said...

This band is amazing! Their name is genius - the only reason I originally bought their 7"s! I posted some of their stuff a while back.