Monday, August 24, 2009

OK?

A couple months back now (I guess, my concept of time has gone out the window, and I can't believe I'm moving again in two days), I got a triple dose of records from Life's a Rape: the Cult Ritual Holidays 7", the new Loser Life LP, and the OK? 7". The Cult Ritual 7"? A dud. The Loser Life LP? Solid as usual. The OK? 7"? The best of the bunch-- an awesome catchy surprise of catchy anarcho-punk.

I don't really know a whole lot about OK?. They're from San Diego. I believe the singer has a love connection to Crime Desire/the guy who runs this label (scene gossip oooh). This is their first release. They haven't played too many shows so far. Mostly I know you should check out this record.


I should have access to a scanner again in a week or so, but for now, my awesome photo booth pictures will live on.

According to the liner notes, the A-side, "Earthseed," "is a passive call to arms, an observational description of the modern age and a speculation of that following; it is a record of a species living in denial or arrogance-- but not for long." The flip side "Duress," "is about marketing and about being force-fed nonsense. It describes the feeling of living in a culture that constantly bombards you with advertising, and the agenda these ads perpetuate."

To quote a certain message board poster, "Punk needs more bands like this."

To order this paypal $5.50 to colinrrmf [at] yahoo [dot] com.

For now...

OK?- Everything Is Going to Be 7"

No comments: