Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weekend recap, Hand Jobs update


final flier by Rebecca

This weekend was awesome. I found out on Friday night that Brainless Oneders couldn't play, which obviously was not ideal, but not really that big of a deal. We started really late (and I normally try to run relatively timely punk shows), but oh well, I knew that was going to happen. My camera won't turn on now (probably because of the shit show that ensued- see below, by Jacki), so I don't really have any pictures. Hopefully I will be able to recover them eventually though.


I branded Allison.

The show itself was awesome. It was great to finally get to see PS Eliot play, and I was so psyched that Little Lungs could play too. Everything went really smoothly- a couple nice boys brought vegan cupcakes, a couple other attendees even drove down from Toronto for the show. Thanks all around to those who came, played, helped out with the show, etc.

What followed was definitely one of the most fun nights I've had this summer complete with markers (again see above), quiet dance parties, climbing into windows, and a couple drinks. (hey PSE- I don't think you read this blog, but up the northerners, we totally kicked your asses.)

Since then I've been consistently jamming their LP (put out on the always awesome Salinas Records, who will also be putting out a Hop Along 10" very soon). They've sold out of it already on tour, but you can get it from the label eventually. I've also been getting a heavy dose of the King Everything demo (Katie's solo stuff). I also am currently wearing my brand new PS Eliot shirt, featuring an awesome drawing by Allison.

I also drove down to see them last night in New Haven- Brian put together an awesome show, and it was great to see Dead Uncles again. It was a ton of fun, good to hang out with everyone again, but now I'm exhausted and am going to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, a bit more on Hand Jobs from Claire... those songs from the tape are old and were recorded with their first drummer- they're currently scouting out number four, but she says, they'll "be back making noise come the fall."

No comments: