Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Libyans



I went to the Ratscellar last Monday with Christa & David to see Blank Stare (who seems to have a new LP out on Refuse Records), Total Abuse, Tipper's Gore, & others. Liz Libyans was there, and I was happy to see her laughing at the stupid slamdancing boys. My thoughts exactly. Blank Stare was definitely my favorite of the night. The drummer from Social Circkle (can't remember his name right now) is in it, and he's great.

Anyway, I missed out on the last Libyans show because the Ratscellar was temporarily closed down and the show was moved to Midway Cafe which is 21+. They were going to have a show on the 26th but were having trouble finding a space. Liz said they were going to combine in with a Western Mass show, but it's no longer listed on their myspace, so I guess it's not happening. Not that I'm in the area anymore anyway. I guess I'll have to wait until the fall. They're touring then also.


Picture from Fest '08 from Christa.

I really like their 7", and they're always fun live. I came across their demo from last year online recently. It's got some of the same songs from the 7" (no "Weclome to the Neighborhood" though), plus a few more. I think they've got another record coming out but can't really find any info on it. Check out the demo though.

Libyans- Demo '07
Get their Welcome to the Neighborhood 7"

No comments: