Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Dixie Cups

In addition to sharing some genes and a love for her sassy personality, my younger sister and I share a penchant for Father of the Bride. This film introduced me to the Dixie Cups #1 hit "Chapel of Love" back in the day. While browsing youtube videos of '60s girl groups back in the spring, I discovered a new love for the Dixie Cups, this time for "I'm Gonna Get You Yet."



Those dance moves, that hair... I only wish the video were in color so that I could get the full effect of the dresses. They released their earlier music on Red Bird Records, which was also home to the Shangri-Las for some time.

The Dixie Cups- Complete Red Bird Recordings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry if itsn't contextual with your post. but i saw domestik doktrin 7'' and i thought maybe you want to sell it. if yes, please let me know via email: xerioxa@yahoo.com because i am looking for this stuff.
here's my band profile: myspace.com/zudasfukkenkrust or www.zudaskrust.10mb.com

cheers,
esa

Anonymous said...

wow your little sister must be awesome then

Anonymous said...

So, the plan was to leave from Pune and come to Mumbai night time and arrive at her place at 12am. replica gucci Aunty had made arrangements for my stay without informing Kashi about it. fake chanel handbags I had co-ordinated with all her friends and boyfriend and we were going to storm her room at 12. We had got enough of colas, snacks and crazy decorations with party hats. fake dior handbags It was after all my doll's 17th birthday! After about 2 days of planning we got everything planed and organised. On the day of the birthday, we all raced in and had a crazy night! All of us had proficient her something and she were left with over 15 gifts. louis vuitton replica That's not including the two Lavie bags that we gave! Through school we only became nearer until finally I decided to take up fashion and she continued with fashion. rolex replica Now that I am in fashion school, I am distant from her.