Friday, July 10, 2009

Hand Jobs



I ordered the Hand Jobs/Talbot Tagora cassette last winter, and it is perpetually in my tape player. I honestly could not tell you what the Talbot Tagora side is like though (other than based on other stuff of theirs I've heard) because all I listen to is the Hand Jobs side of this tape. I've done hour long drives just pressing rewind each time the four short songs pass.



Lots of attitude, shitty recording... I couldn't ask for much more. They also have a couple live tracks on the Gimme Cooties comp, which is an awesome idea, but the whole recording is pretty terrible (too bad since there's a lot of really great bands on it).

This came out some time last year on what seems like an uber hip London label Paradise Vendors, Inc. that sells out of shit pretty quickly. I'll also post the Pens/Male Bonding split some time soon. This tape and that split are sold out. It sucks to pay shipping from the UK anyway. A couple other upcoming posts were gonna be things I ripped at the station, but then I realized Pukekos had already scooped me on that, so check out the Budget Girls and Bette Davis and the Balconettes over there.

Not really sure what is going on with this band now, but they played a show with General Interest in NYC a few days ago.

Seriously download this tape though because it fucking rules and it's out of print. And, yo Hand Jobs, come play in Boston.

Hand Jobs- split CS with Talbot Tagora

No comments: